About KFN Enterprises
KFN Enterprises (KFNE) was established by the Kwikwetlem First Nation (KFN) to create,
manage and market their business ventures while creating viable opportunities that are
environmentally, socially, culturally and economically sustainable.
About the Opportunity
Are you looking to advance your career through a challenging role? If so, this is for you! KFNE
has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Payroll/Finance Co-ordinator to join our team in Port
Coquitlam, BC. Located on the traditional territory of the Kwikwetlem people, our offices are
situated on Pitt River Rd.; a car is required as transit is limited. Hiring preference will be given
to qualified candidates who self-identify as First Nation or another Canadian Indigenous
Reporting to the Controller and VP, Finance, this is a crucial position that ensures accurate
payroll processing, compliance with regulations, and the effective administration of the
company’s benefit and pension programs as well as providing accounting/finance support to the
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Payroll, Benefits & Pension Administration
· Administers all weekly (union) & bi-weekly (union + non-union, hourly, salaried and
Board of Directors) in collaboration with Operations to ensure a timely and seamless end
to end payroll process.
· Reconciles and enters all timesheets. Processes new hires, employee changes and
· Prepares payroll journal entries and books all payroll entries in a timely manner
· Maintain and manage all payroll and benefit records, including reconciling payroll
deductions with monthly benefit statements.
· Produce payroll analysis and variance reports.
· Complete reporting and remittance requirements for benefit plan, pension plan,
WorkSafe BC on an as needed basis (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually).
· Produces ROEs.
· Respond to any payroll related queries in a timely manner.
· Complete year end balancing, filing and delivery of T4s, complete yearend tax form
amendments as required.
· Participate in systems implementations related to payroll by defining requirements,
participate in preparing test plans, and documenting test results.
· Document and maintain processing instructions and maintain checklists for payroll
· Assists in preparation of the Monthly KFNE Finance Committee and KFNE Board Report
Packages where requested.
· Assists the Controller in preparation of variance analysis reports and identifying
accounts requiring additional explanation.
· Obtains from staff all supporting documentation and reconciles all company credit cards,
prepares the expense distribution, and submits to the Controller for his review and
· Obtains from staff all supporting fuel receipts and reconciles the monthly fuel cards for
expense distribution and approval of the Controller.
· Assist KFNE Financial Controller with Year-End closing procedures and financial
· Assist with any audits.
· Monthly reporting to senior management including progress reports, draws on active
construction projects, budget reviews and any lender requirements.
· Assist with developing and maintaining proformas, project budget reports, variance
analysis and cash flows for acquisitions, developments, and construction efforts.
· Review and approve Invoice coding.
Our Ideal Candidate
· Comfortable using payroll software such as PayWorks, ADP or Ceridian.
· Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
· Excellent problem-solving skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
Strong organizational skills and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks to meet
· Deals with highly confidential and sensitive information.
· Builds and maintains collaborative, trust-based relationships, influences others with
solid, well researched advice.
· Exceptional ability to listen, communicate (written, comprehension and oral) and
· Self-managed requiring little guidance/direction; takes initiative and owns their role .
· Ability to plan and organize a high-volume workload with multiple priorities.
· Demonstrated track record with respect to reliability, punctuality, and efficiency.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
· 3+ years of experience processing end to end payroll.
· Post secondary degree/diploma in a payroll/accounting or related field and be in pursuit
of the PCP certification.
· Strong computer skills using MS Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook with
Advanced Excel skills for reporting, metrics, and data validation.
· Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) and proven ability to
collaborate with team members in a multi-disciplined environment.
· Valid BC Drivers License with a reliable vehicle and appropriate insurance.
What’s in it for you?
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary
based on your experience. After successfully completing the first three months of employment,
you will be eligible for a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes:
· Extended Health, Dental, Vision benefits, Short-Term, Long-Term and Life Insurance.
· Family and Employee Assistance Program.
· Registered Pension plan with an employer match.
This is a great opportunity to contribute at an exciting time of growth and change within the
Kwikwetlem Nation, and to be a part of a team that creates a place that supports growth and
promotes the values of the Kwikwetlem people. If this opportunity matches your values,
education, and experience, please send a cover letter indicating your salary expectations and
resume to firstname.lastname@example.org